OK! I caught up last week, I was definitely moving towards burnout, but now I've had a bit of a break, and I'm fresh and ready to get at it again! I'm not getting a real break until December, but the amount of stuff I have to do is not so much it's giving me anxiety. It's still taking a bunch of time over the weekend, not just the work week, but it's manageable, and there is time to do fun stuff and be with friends and family as well, so, all good. And, I'm starting to get more new clients, so that's also good. I need them, to get my hours in. But it's at least back to possible.
There are earthworms trying to get into our front door. I'm a fan on synchronicity, but I'm currently boggled by what it means. These huge earthworms are hanging out right in the nook outside our door, one of them even crawled up the top of the door (!!!) and was hanging down, spooking Suzannah, in the morning. And a couple times, we found them inside, right where the doormat would be. What does it mean!?!? (Don't answer that, rhetorical question. I believe people need to interpret their own signs and synchronicities.)
I'm enjoying working with couples. I've been a fan and a student of Gottman's work for a long time, so it's fun getting to go even deeper into it, and to share it with others. The groups I'm leading take the most time, because I'm going over my lesson plan and fine-tuning it each week. But it's a nice intersection of my work as a teacher and my work as a therapist.
OK, Gonna stop there, maybe I'll write another short one to chip away at the blog backlog. (That has a nice ring to it)
I Out :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment