Hello! Another short one. Expect them all to be this way, for the next few months leading up to graduation. I hope graduation. We'll see how I'm doing with hours. Currently, I'm behind.
Had some fun playing games with friends the other night. Been working all day today. Emails. I need to spend less time on emails. I'm noticing a pattern: I spend too much time writing stuff. This is another one of those strengths/weakness' depending on the context. If my job is writing a lot, and thoughtfully: strength. If my job is writing quick short things: weakness. I really need to design my life as best I can to capitalize on my strengths and not focus so much on my weaknesses.
In any case, My life is now paperwork. As if it wasn't already. Now I've got my capstone class as well, which is just a bunch more writing. Lots of writing. I don't mind that. I just don't want to do it on a deadline that also requires a bunch more writing that can't all fit into that timeline. I will get through it somehow, as always.
Taking breaks, to just sit outside and let my awareness expand, listen to the crickets and watch the wind in the trees, helps a lot. Nature is so much more real and vast and beautiful than this glowing screen I spend so much time in front of. It's kind of odd, to think about how much time I spend writing imaginary words on a glowing screen. What is it that will last or be meaningful, at the end of my life? The time spend relishing nature, for sure. The time spent on logistical email correspondence... not so much. The time spent on writing deep thoughts... maybe. The time and energy spent acting in accordance with my deepest values: definitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment