Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Cat family, Trust, The saga of the plant.

Alright, it's time for two posts. Last week was full steam ahead, as I had a paper and a presentation due the same week. But I focused and got it done, so all is well. Grateful that I'm not doing three classes at once, or that would be my everyday experience, and then some. This week I've got a more relaxed schedule, time for other work to get done.

Though I an running into the other issue. When you have free time, sometimes you use it to goof off. This is perhaps one of the main reasons I hesitated to go down to two classes. However, if history repeats itself, it will just take me a few weeks to readjust and tweak what I need to keep myself focused.

Update on the plant I adopted, it got aphids. I just sprayed it with insecticidal soap the other day, and wiped the aphids off leaf by leaf. As well as cutting off about half the plant, which had died, perhaps due to the transplanting shock. Now, after spraying it, it seems like another third of it or so is starting to wilt as well. I may have potted and cared for this plant, just to watch it slowly die. That's ok though. A little sad, but I will learn from it. And hopefully next time, I'll do a better job.

One cool thing though, I got one ripe seed, from one of the flowers, so I planted it back in the pot. Maybe I'll get a baby plant. Though if I don't, I'm not sure what that means. Did it not get fertilized because it was inside, or does it need a freeze to activate the seed? In any case, I'm having fun, I've re-sparked my sense of curiosity and childlike wonder and play. It feels good. maybe I'll talk more about that in my second post after this one.

What else... I'm not sure how much of this is TMI, talking about the journey with Suzannah towards making children. We've been trying for over a year (which I suppose is not that long, given we know a lot of people who've tried for multiple years before having success) but Suzannah is concerned about getting older, so we've been slowly going down the diagnostic ladder, looking to make sure everything is biologically ok. So far, so good. For myself, I've got an intrinsic trust in the universe that whatever happens, and with whatever timing, is for my good alone, and so I am not in a rush, or worried. But I think Suzannah is, and I think it's especially hard that many, maybe most, of her current friend group, has already had kids. Maybe she's feeling left behind.

Right now I'm typing this with a loving cat in my lap and another curled up on the couch next to me, and so I feel quite surrounded by loving family already ^_^ (though I'm happy to welcome more)

I also recently had a call with one of my oldest friends, who just had their second child, and was reflecting on what a huge transformation of your entire life having a kid is. I'm sure no imagination will prepare me for the actual experience.

OK, let's stop there and finish this in a second post.



No comments:

Post a Comment