Thursday, September 12, 2024

Doing what matters to me. Being present. A special plant.

It's already Thursday! School is heating up. Three papers due in the next ten days, so this will likely be a short one. I've been wanting to transplant a weed into a pot to spend time with in my office. It's a particular plant that I've always had an attraction to, it's delicate, tiny pink flowers always struck me as beautiful, and how it managed to find life, even in the cracks of the pavement, gave me a deep respect for it's tenacity, palanced with it's grace. It's a little bit scragglily, from getting driven by and scorched by the sun, but I hope to keep it alive long enough to create some seeds, and see if I can get a plant to sprout from scratch. This is a plant I've had an attraction to since childhood. I never knew the name of it, and I'm not sure if this is the exact same plant, or just a cousin variety. But it feels nice to finally be taking the time to develop a closer relationship to it. I'll include a picture.

I just finished listening to a book called "Four Thousand Weeks" about time. It had a bit of a different message than my standard time management reading fare. The author's main point was that we have a limited amount of time, and it's not enough to get everything, or even most things, done, and it's healthier and happier to accept that fact and go about choosing the few things that really matter to you, to spend your time on. As well as being present to what is happening, right now, and living fulling in this moment.

It fits with my general thrust, to alter my paradigm around time rather than just trying to do more things, or faster or more efficient things, or organize my things better.

Alright, gotta go, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning class is coming up in three hours, and I'm gonna have to spend all of that interim time reading and preparing for it. Next week my first case conceptualization is due, as well as my big presentation on anxiety disorders, so I've got work to do!

Take care, be well, love deeply,

-Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment