Saturday, August 31, 2024

Next time: Story! Autumn comes. A welcome change of pace.

The leaves are starting to change colors, the wind has a hint of coolness and fall in it, even when it's still hot in the sun. Classes have started. I am officially only taking two, and it feels way better. I don't feel like I am required to neglect my non-school duties. Which I did feel, when I was doing 3 per semester.

I want to take some classes on the vision quest with the teacher who ran my first few vision quests, but I don't think I can get away from classes for the week or weeks I'd need to be away, to do it. I'm a little torn, after hearing about Tom Brown's passing, I'm worried that this teacher, who's around the same age, will also pass on before I get a chance to learn about the vision quest, from him.

One of my dearest friends passed through Fairfield, on their way to Chicago. It seems like their start is on the ascendant. I kind of want to tell their story, maybe I'll do so in this blog. It's a good story. I think it has some teaching lessons imbedded in it.

In any case, he's a scholar of Vedic/Hindu things (among others) and so I got to ask him a bunch of questions about what the Vedas say about various things, like the nature of enlightenment, superpowers, and reality. It was a thought provoking and uplifting conversation. He feels like a spiritual brother to me, so I'm always happy to be with him, and also happy that things seem to be coming together for him in a great way.

I'm a week behind on these posts, so I think I'll finish this one and the next one will be his story. Just a short version, It could be longer, but I want to at least capture the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment